Sunday, December 18, 2011

Distractions

Hello All,
I know I have not updated this thing in forever but college has gotten in the way and any free moment I had I dedicated to my story (which still isn't finished). Now, here I am, with enough free time to make a work-a-holic feel antsy, and I am blogging.
Not that there is anything wrong with blogging of course but I feel like this time should be spent on actually finishing that stupid story that I love so dearly. I think my patients with it has just run out and I just can't handle it anymore. Part of me has started to wish that my word document could take a brain reading of my mind and write it for me but I have yet to find the button to accomplish this.
Anyway this post is called distractions for a reason and hopefully by now you have figured it out. Yes, yes YOU are the distraction keeping me from my writing, in fact you are my fifth. My others consist of Charlie McDonnell youtube blogs, teaching myself how to work iMovie, getting in touch with people I haven't hung out with sense pre-school, and writing another story. The last one seems a bit stupid I know but I was running out of things to do.
Now don't get me wrong, my story isn't so frustratingly difficult that I can't write it, I am just sick of writing the same story over and over again for three years straight. I have everything planned out, languages written, and maps drawn up, I just need the will power to fill in the skeleton. Which is why I have given myself a dead line. On January 18th I must be finished with my novel, no excuses! By then I will send it off to my grammarian to edit and then off to the publishing house in hopes of someone buying it.
Well my first iMovie is done, so I am going to go now and hopefully start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment